Dangerous Glare Off Mazda's Melting Dashboards
The materials used in certain Mazda dashboards can't stand the heat of the sun, which is unfortunate when you consider that they sit under it all day long. Perhaps feeling the heat from a class-action lawsuit, Mazda extended the warranty co…
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.
Where Interior Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 2010 MAZDA3 dashboard melting 28 (100%)
- 2010 MAZDA3 seat bracket broke 17 (61%)
- 2009 MAZDA6 melting dashboard 10 (36%)
- 2015 MAZDA3 infortainment system problems 8 (29%)
- 2016 CX-9 infotainment system not working properly 4 (14%)
- 2014 CX-5 USB media playback issue 4 (14%)
- 2016 CX-5 infotainment system won't boot up 3 (11%)
Mazda says a strength defect in the seat adjuster lifter links of 174,000 vehicles could suddenly put drivers in an awkward position.
Owners have reported hearing a rattle beneath their seats right before finding themselves lounging back or leaning so close to the steering wheel that even their Grandmother would be embarrassed.…keep reading
Mazda is extending the warranty on their shiny, melting dashboards.
[vehicles] exposed to severe environmental conditions including high ambient temperature and humidity, the material used in the crash pad may deteriorate over time. If there is prolonged exposure and deterioration, the crash pad could develop a sticky surface.…