CX-5 Daytime Running Light Failure
The LED daytime running lights in the 2016 CX-5 are known to flicker and fail. Mazda admitted that the sealing gaskets attached to the light's wiring connectors release sulfur, corroding the circuit.
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.
Where Lights Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 2016 CX-5 daytime running led light failure 41 (100%)
- 2013 MAZDA3 headlights flicker when brakes applied 7 (17%)
- 2011 CX-7 headlights keep going out 6 (15%)
- 2012 MAZDA6 low beam bulbs blowing out 6 (15%)
- 2004 MAZDA3 headlights stop working 5 (12%)
- 2010 MAZDA6 head lights burning out 4 (10%)
- 2007 MAZDA3 melted tail lights 3 (7%)
Mazda has seen the light.
After years of complaints about the CX-5's daytime running light flickering and failing, the automaker has issued a recall for nearly 44,000 vehicles.keep reading
Here's a very specific recall.
If you bought a 2017 Mazda6 and you bought the optional fog lights kit then you need to bring your car in for service. That's because your turn signals might not turn off when you turn the steering wheel.
How are those things connected? You've got me.…keep reading