There are 149 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 2005.
This generation ranks 32nd in reliability out of 38 overall Mazda generations.
This generation has been recalled 52 times. It's also part of 85 investigations and has 326 TSBs.
- transmission transmission failure in the 2001 Tribute at 106988 miles
- engine loud knocking noise in the 2006 Tribute at 73000 miles
- body / paint wheel well area completely rusted out in the 2005 Tribute at 123555 miles
- suspension premature strut rust in the 2005 Tribute at 123333 miles
- engine engine lost power while driving in the 2005 Tribute at 88800 miles
- engine engine misfires in the 2005 Tribute at 82630 miles