There are 51 owner complaints spread out over 7 years, but the most belong to the 2000.
This generation ranks 21st in reliability out of 38 overall Mazda generations.
This generation has been recalled 33 times. It's also part of 452 investigations and has 252 TSBs.
- transmission transmission died in the 2002 MPV at 79500 miles
- exhaust system misfire in the 2003 MPV at 90000 miles
- exhaust system exhaust manifold cracked in the 2000 MPV at 90000 miles
- engine idles rough in the 2004 MPV at 101213 miles
- engine coil in motor broke causing engine misfire in the 2004 MPV at 116603 miles
- electrical engine turns over won't start, then car alarm goes off in the 2000 MPV at 115000 miles